- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 6” cake pan or grease the pan with butter.
- In a bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla, whisking vigorously to combine.
- Pour/scrape the mixture and level it with the spatula. Bake it for 18-22 minutes. Bake until it pulls away from the edges of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. It also should have a golden brown crust. Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, invert the cake onto a rimmed platter. When cake is cool, pierce the surface with a toothpick several times. Slowly drizzle the milk mixture over the cake.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with whipped cream and Maraschino cherries, if desired.
***TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM***
- In a chilled bowl, combine the cream and sugar. Beat until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Spread over the surface of the cake.