Hilsa/Ilish Bhaja Recipe
- Hilsa fish or ilish fish (cleaned) - 4 pieces
- Green chilies slitted (if wanted) - 3 or 4
- Mustard oil or flavorless oil - for frying
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbs
- Red chili powder - 1 tbsp or less to taste
- Salt - to taste
- Clean the fish pieces. Rub the salt, turmeric, and chili powder generously on the fish pieces. Let the fish marinate for 5 minutes or more.
- Heat oil on medium high. Fry the fish pieces until golden and crispy. Optionally, you may add the slitted green chilies to the frying oil at this time. Use the oil remaining after frying to put in the warm boiled rice. Take out the green chiles and serve it along with the rice and fish. Enjoy.